Our Data Security Policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data in accordance with data protection law.
- We shall determine what personally identifiable information is collected, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
- All information will be kept secure and not disclosed to another organisation without the individual’s consent;
- Personal data will be obtained only for the purpose specified and should be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes required;
- Data should be regularly reviewed and updated; if no longer required, it should be deleted and disposed of;
- Individual’s may request details of personal information which we hold at any time;
- Personal data is used only to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements, we will not sell, distribute or lease personal information to third parties unless we have permission or are required by law to do so.
- We shall provide adequate security measures to protect personal data;
- We shall take steps to ensure that personal data is up-to-date and accurate;
- We shall regularly review data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
The Household Moving Company is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The Household Moving Company provide a range of “Services” not limited to; Moving, Destination Services, Storage, Immigration, Relocation. To provide our Services, it will be necessary to obtain some Personal information such as Name, Contact Details and other such details that identify you and your family (where applicable).
May 25, 2018 marks the effective date of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that was approved by The European Union (EU) Parliament. The intent is to enhance the security of personal information of citizens and residents of the EU countries as well as Norway, Iceland, and Lichtenstein by establishing sound data protection rules and to provide individuals with better control over their data.
Please note that the GDPR standards and regulations apply to all organizations with access to the personal information of residents of these countries regardless of where the company is based. According to GDPR regulations you are entitled to know the identity of your “data controller” i.e. the legal entity which determines why and how your personal data is processed.
Your relevant data controller may vary, depending on how you are receiving services from us. For example:
- Direct Individuals: If you are engaging The Household Moving Company directly to provide services for you, then your relevant data controller is The Household Moving Company
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact us at infoathhmdotie or using the details set out in the Contact Us section of our website.
Information we collect from you
We may collect personal information (including personally identifiable information or sensitive personal data) about you and/or your family (“Your Data”) in the following ways:
- Information you give us. This is information that you and/or your family give us by filling in forms on our websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes when you use our websites or inquire about, or use, any of our immigration, moving, relocation and/or assignment services (the “Services”). The information may include your and /or your family’s name, address, e-mail address, phone number or other contact details, marital status, date of birth, occupation, role/title/area of responsibilities, financial and credit card information, personal description/preferences and photograph and other sensitive information (including as required by laws and regulations addressing insurance and related matters or as required to provide the Services).
- Of course, you are not required to supply any of the information that we may request, although this might limit the “Services” we are able to offer you. While we make every effort to ensure that Your Data is accurate, complete and up to date, you can help us considerably in this by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to Your Data.
- Information we collect about you. We collect information about you to provide “Services” that you may have registered an interest in. We, our service providers and other business partners collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies, when you interact with our advertisements, mobile applications, or visit our website pages. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, the full URLs, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our websites and other digital assets, to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and other digital assets.
We, our service providers and our business partners may also collect information about your activities on our websites and other digital assets for use in providing you with content and advertising tailored to your individual interests. The information collected for these purposes may include details about things like the particular pages or advertisements you view on our websites and the actions you take on our websites and or other digital assets.
- Information we may receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, your employer, business partners and technical sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, financial institutions, criminal check services, government enforcement bodies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive; when you visit our website, a cookie is used to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
The above rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials. To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.
How will we use your information?
We may use Your Data in the following ways:
- to provide you and/or your family with the Services (as applicable)
- to administer, operate, facilitate and manage your and/or your family’s relationship and/or account with us, and to otherwise, including contacting you or, if applicable, your designated representative(s) by post, telephone, email etc.;
- to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research and statistical and survey purposes); managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analysing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; to ensure the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any relevant judicial process or governmental agency;
- to comply with industry standards and our policies.
Disclosure of Your Data
We may share Your Data with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of the Services (as applicable)
- credit reference agencies for assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us providing the Services to you and/or your family and where authorized under Applicable Data Protection Law and
- your employer, external medical bodies, disclosure and criminal check services, police forces and courts and relevant immigration authorities for the purposes of preparing and processing your visa application
We may also disclose Your Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Household Moving Company or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Your Data may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk reduction.
Data retention and transfer of data to third countries
The Household Moving Company provides Services worldwide so to perform these Services it may be necessary to transfer personal information to other countries. The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland. It may also be processed by business partners or sub-contractors who are engaged in, among other things, providing you and/or your family with the Services (as applicable), the processing of your personal details and the provision of support services. Assurances of adequate protection to Personal data are obtained whether it be by vendor contracts, Data Processing Agreements, Privacy Shield, or Model Contracts.
The security of Your Data is important to us. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide, or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
We store Your Personal Data only for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify Your Data if required by law or if Your Data is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
In some instances, the The Household Moving Company are required to retain personal information in accordance with the law such as Tax and Audit purposes and may therefore be retained for an additional period.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Data transmitted to our websites or other digital assets that are in the Public domain; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with industry standards.
Your rights as a Data Subject
Under Data Protection Law, you have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You can choose not to provide personal information to us. You also may refrain from submitting information directly to us. However, if you do not provide Your Data when requested, you and/or your family may not be able to benefit from the Services (as applicable), and we may not be able to provide you with information about our products and services.
To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of Your Data. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of Your Data will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Services.
Our websites or other digital assets may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you provide us with any information or material relating to another individual, you should make sure that the sharing with us and our further use as described to you from time to time is in line with applicable laws, so for example you should duly inform that individual on the processing of their personal data and obtain their consent, as may be necessary under Applicable Data Protection Laws.
Data Security and Integrity
We here at The Household Moving Company take the security and privacy of your data very seriously. It is important that you understand how we protect your personal data. The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information is very important to us. We have implemented controls to protect data from unauthorised access, modification, disclosure and misuse. We regularly review our technologies to protect your personal data. Please bear in mind that despite our best efforts to safe guard your data, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.