Our Data Security Policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data in accordance with data protection law.
- We shall determine what personally identifiable information is collected, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
- All information will be kept secure and not disclosed to another organisation without the individual’s consent;
- Personal data will be obtained only for the purpose specified and should be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes required;
- Data should be regularly reviewed and updated; if no longer required, it should be deleted and disposed of;
- Individual’s may request details of personal information which we hold at any time;
- Personal data is used only to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements, we will not sell, distribute or lease personal information to third parties unless we have permission or are required by law to do so.
- We shall provide adequate security measures to protect personal data;
- We shall take steps to ensure that personal data is up-to-date and accurate;
- We shall regularly review data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive; when you visit our website, a cookie is used to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
The above rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials. To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.